Datacert Achieves 12th Consecutive Year of Revenue Growth, Fueled by Rapid Market Adoption of Passport Technology Platform
HOUSTON, February 10, 2011
– Datacert, Inc., the premier global provider of enterprise legal management solutions, today announced that it achieved record revenues in 2010, marking the 12th consecutive year of revenue growth for the company. Datacert also successfully secured $12 million in new sales orders.
The surge in new orders was fueled primarily by the launch of Passport™, Datacert’s patent-pending technology platform for consolidating and integrating legal applications. Passport has experienced rapid market adoption, having already been selected by almost 20 organizations, primarily Fortune and Global Fortune 500 companies.
“Despite the economic challenges that continued to impact the global marketplace in 2010, Datacert continued to heavily invest in new products, while maintaining strong cash-flow and growing company revenues,” said Alan Harding, chief financial officer, Datacert. “Our sustained growth is attributed to focusing on the needs of our customers with our traditional product lines and to the market adoption of Passport as the top companies in the world are quickly recognizing the advantages of moving away from point solutions and adopting an integrated platform approach.”
2010 marked one of the busiest years for Datacert. In addition to the successful unveiling of Passport, which secured the Fortune/Global Fortune
#1 corporation as a client, Datacert continued its long-term company growth strategy of continuing to invest heavily in product research and development. Datacert also launched Generals of the Revolution,
an international legal industry thought leadership forum that united general counsel with law firm partners to discuss the future of the industry and how to effectively leverage technology to address the dramatic changes occurring today.
Datacert also continued to dominate the enterprise legal management market in EMEA, experiencing 45 percent revenue growth in that market. As in North America, Passport is proving its broad global applicability, as evidenced by its rapid market adoption by EMEA-based companies, particularly by financial services companies. In 2011, Datacert expects to continue to grow its operations in APAC in support of its clients’ global expansion strategies. The service and support center that Datacert established in India in 2010 will be a key operational component supporting this strategy.
“While some vendors saw the economic instability of the previous two years as a time to look for exit strategies, Datacert capitalized on the shifting marketplace by listening to industry needs and working closely with clients and other visionaries to develop and test the products necessary to address dynamically-changing market demands, resulting in substantial growth for our company,” said Jim Tallman, president and chief executive officer, Datacert. “With the launch of Passport, some of the largest global law departments in the world turned to Datacert to help manage their legal risk and legal-related business. The market’s eager adoption of Passport is the culmination of our three-year evolution from an e-billing solutions provider to an unmatched enterprise legal management company. Our investments have set the pace for continued success in 2011 and beyond, and I want to thank our clients for their support.”
Datacert 2010 highlights include:
About Datacert, Inc.
- Achieved highest revenue in company history, marking the 12th consecutive year of revenue growth
- Increased EMEA revenue by 45 percent
- Launched Passport, a patent-pending technology platform with vast market acceptance of 20 companies selecting the product, primarily Fortune and Global Fortune
- Added more than 2,800 law firm connections
- Increased workforce by 20 percent
- Awarded “Technology Implementation of the Year” award from the International Legal Technology Association (ILTA)
- Honored on the Inc. 5000, Software 500, Houston Fast 100, and Houston Fast Tech 50 awards lists
- One of three companies to ever receive the “Pinnacle Award” from Houston Business Journal
- Established Generals of the Revolution thought-leadership series with industry visionary Richard Susskind and The General Counsel Forum to outline future legal technology strategies
- Achieved CSP II Customer Support Professional Certification, the highest level possible
Datacert is a technology innovator and the premier global provider of enterprise legal management software and services that empower law departments to collaborate more effectively, manage legal systems more efficiently, support changing business needs and their global workforces, and make more strategic business decisions. Datacert's offerings include its flagship product, Passport, a patent-pending technology platform, and legal spend and matter management applications. Datacert solutions are relied upon by Fortune® 500 corporations, Fortune® Global 500 corporations, and 100 percent of the AmLaw 200. Headquartered in Houston, with offices throughout North America, EMEA, and APAC, Datacert has law firm, vendor, and agent connections in more than 150 countries. Visit www.datacert.com for more information and follow us on Twitter for real-time updates http://twitter.com/Datacert.